The Patrol Division of the Stafford Police Department is comprised of 37 men and women working alongside one another in their respective job duties to keep our community safe. The most visual division within law enforcement, these men and women are dedicated to protecting the lives and property of the citizens of Stafford.
The Patrol Division is under the command of the Patrol Captain. Additional supervisors include three Patrol Lieutenants and six Patrol Sergeants with one Patrol Lieutenant and two Patrol Sergeants per shift.
Members of our Patrol Staff are also assigned to these Specialized Units:
- Traffic Unit
- The Stafford Police Department employs two officers assigned to the Traffic Unit. These officers are assigned to investigate accidents, enforce traffic laws, and ensure the safety of all motorist.
- School Resource Officers
- The Stafford Police Department has assigned two School Resource Officers to the Stafford Municipal School District who work closely with School Administration and Staff to ensure the safety of the students and faculty.
- Community Liaison Officer
- The Community Liaison Officer works with our community members to develop community outreach programs that educate and keep our citizens informed.
Department members attend training and hold certifications in a number Specialized Fields, that include:
- Field Training Officer
- Collision Investigation
- Bicycle Patrol
- Crisis Intervention
- Firearms Instructor
- Taser Instructor
- Hostage Negotiation
- SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics)