If there is work planned within the City of Stafford’s right of way, approval must be received from Public Works. Engineered drawings need to be submitted and approved by Public Works, permits and inspection fees must be paid prior to beginning construction. This includes all work associated with utilities, driveways, internal site circulation and improvements or modifications to a city roadway. This work may require a permit for construction. Refer to the Permits and Plan Review Process pages for additional information. As part of the Stormwater Management Program, storm sewer manhole cover and grate specification sheets are required in plan sets if storm sewer is being constructed. Below are the standards the City of Stafford complies with.
- Stormwater Management Program requirement for Stormwater Manhole Cover and Grate to be included in plan sets.
- City of Stafford Subdivision Ordinance Chapter 82 Article III Design located on www.municode.com.
- City of Stafford Subdivision Ordinance Chapter 78 Streets, Sidewalks and Certain Other Public Places located on www.municode.com. Also the City of Stafford Sidewalk and Driveway Detail.
- The Latest Texas Department of Transportation Access Management Manual. Click Here to access the July 2011 Manual.
- The Latest American Association of State of Highway Transportation Officials Manual
- The Latest Americans with Disabilities Act Accessible Design Manual. Click Here to access the 2010 manual.
- Utility Plan Review
- Various City of Stafford Plans